Time Revealed the Truth about Lidetu Ayalew
As I was always saying to all people I met and in my two articles, Lidetu Ayalew is one of the matured politicians that Ethiopia has ever had in any standard. Many have turned their face from seeing and hearing words from Lidetu for the last four years. Thanks for God, however, everybody understand who he (Lidetu) has been since the very beginning. Apologies to Lidetu have been flowing from in and out of the country including from Prof. Mesfin. I admire Lidetu’s talent, endurance, patience to tireless work to achieve his objectives- uncovering the truth as seen today. It is true that journalist such as Eskindir and the like were co-responsible for the demise of Kinijit by siding to one faction of the kinijit leaders and disseminating rumors and incorrect information about Lidetu and other progressive leaders.
In my previous article a year ago, I mentioned that Lidetu was not, is not and will not be “Weyanie”. Many might have hesitated to believe, but a few months after I wrote that article, Lidetu himself explained the same story to VOA. “Weyanie” was afraid of Lidetu and the only way to separate Lidetu from the people was to tell the people through its cadres that Lidetu is a member of EPRDF, “Weyanie”. To make the false story “believable” by the innocent people, weyanie did not arrest Lidetu when it arrest almost all former Kinijit leaders. Weyanie knew that no one, among the Kinijit leaders, played damaging role to its politics more than Lidetu. Therefore, they have to divine a systematic approach to isolate Lidetu. They did it, but they could conceal the truth only for four years. The truth about Lidetu never dies; rather Lidetu came back to his previous glory here in Ethiopia and beyond. The rumor has been brocken; the people know the truth about everybody. Malicious people like Eskindir and the like, stop your devastating actions on our country! You have no place in our heart!
What the people learned here in the current politics’ debate/ TV show, is that Lidetu or his party is second to none to challenge Weyanie. Weyanie knows this fact from the very beginning and now opened a new attack on Lidetu. Here are some of the misleading acts that the Weyanie cadres are being doing in Bugna election post, where Lidetu stands against his counterpart (Weyanie) from Lalibela.
1. The cadres including the head of the church in Lalibela said that Lidetu is protestant. The cadres know that the people of Lalibela are a bit sensitive to their religion and anything that affect the holiness of the place. They want to exploit this spiritual belief to their political advantage and they use the “priest” to implement it. This however is immoral, unconstitutional, illegal, and is a sign of slump in Weyanie politics. I do not know whether or not the prime minister Meles mean it from the bottom of his heart, but he said that these cadres are “werada”, “qoshasha”,…….. The people has no place for such rubbish politics, probably they could manage to temporarily cheat older generation who, I am sure, are aware of the fabrication by now.
2. Surprisingly, the people from the highland/dega vicinity of Lalibela who did not sea bulg-rain for 8 years understood the rumor the other way round. When Lidetu went to Lalibela this year, it rained coincidentally; they got the first belg-rain in 8 years. As I heard they are determined to elect Lidetu. I am not saying Lidetu is a holly man like Teferi Mekonen is for Jamaican (because of the rain when King Hailesilassie visited Kingston). I am just explaining the feeling of the people versus the way the rubbish weyanie politicians are trying to spoil Lidetu’s fame.
3. The town of Bugna (the capital of the new wereda split-Bugna) is the birth place of the two Generals (General Tefera Mamo and General Asaminew Tsigie) who are recently arrested of fabricated accusations by Weyanie. The Weyanie cadres went to Bugna, and said Lidetu is the one who was responsible for the arrest of the two Generals. What the cadres didn’t understand or do not want to understand (because they are struggling for their survival) is that the people understand everything better than the cadres themselves. You know what they said, “Okay if Lidetu is responsible, we will elect Lidetu so that he will release them”
4. Loosing Bugna (which included the historic town of Lalibela) is unthinkable for Weyanie, and so they are using what ever tools they have to win Bugna by hook or crook. The focus for every top official in Amhara Regional State including Ayalew Gobezie is Lalibela. We see a lot of them wandering Lalibela and the surrounding. They are doing whatever they can and if they couldn’t get what they want after the election, you can guess what they would do…robbing. Weyanie did not send Bereket this time to be on the safe side!!! Because Weyanie knew that he lost the last election in Bugna but robbed the election to make Bereket alive. One of the Generals who is now in prison did a favor to Bereket’s “re-election”, as weyanie called it. The price for the General is a prison! Weyanie use people and then kills or arrests them until demoralized like Tamrat Laynie. After having seen Lidetu’s acceptance wherever I go, I would say Addis Ababa would be better for Lidetu than Bugna. But I do not know why he chose Bugna.
5. Lidetu is the only Ethiopian ever who wrote two books in less than 5 years, as the Chairman of the Ethiopian Writers (“Derasian”) Association has said during inaugural ceremony of Lidetu’s second book at the Intercontinental Hotel in Addis Ababa. Top Weyanie official was invited to give a speech at the ceremony. He did not come, but he delegated somebody from State Affairs Communication Office. The guy did not want to say anything about the book because he knew the book is against the Weyanie’s constitutional sabotage to dismantled Ethiopia. However, the genuine academician (Dr. Lapiso Gidada) was so emotional to express his feeling about the book. Dr Lapiso was given 5 minutes but he talked more than 25 minutes and was not very rough when the organizers told him to cut his talk. I am writing this to genuinely judge Lidetu’s prominent role in this country and avoid rumors. Once again, Weyanie was not happy in the acceptability of the book. Ato Arkebe, in the political debate on ETV stated as if Lidetu has mentioned the Oromo people are unbelievable/ they want separatist. The book did not mention in the way Arkebe or Weyanie understood it. The book was explaining cases where Weyanie-drafted constitution fails to answer some of the basic question (Article 39) that Ethiopians have. That day, Lidetu talent was amazing; he used strong words Weyanie’s representative to stop the rubbish propaganda against him. The way Arkebe argue/ said was illegal according to the MoU signed among the parties. Lidetu told him that Arkebe’s view is punishable! That was enough for the true Ethiopians to know about Lidetu and the rubbish politics of Weyanie.
I appreciate the closing statement of Yeneneh Weldegebriel’s article. Let us be rational in judging people.
God bless Ethiopia!
In the article entitles “In defence of the truth and objectivity: the case of Lidetu, Eskindir and Seye”, the author, Yeneneh Weldegebriel, said it all. I found this article and opinion very diligent and really written in defense of the truth. That is Lidetu for you; a truth hero which the ruling party has nothing to say to him directly but dispatches negative and misleading information through the Cadres to isolate Lidetu from the people.