Logo

Seattle Fire Chief: Mattress too close to light bulb sparked fatal Fremont blaze

June 18, 2010

Seattle’s deadliest fire in decades was sparked by light bulb left too close to a foam mattress, Fire Chief Gregory Dean said during a Wednesday news conference.

Announcing the results of the investigation into the Saturday morning blaze at a Fremont neighborhood apartment, Dean said the department continues to review problems with a reserve fire engine that prevented the first fire crew on the scene from attacking the fire. Read full text

Share